Travelin’ Fool

Glad to report there were no problems with my airport travel over the holidays. The number of liquids I had in my purse (I was diligent to remove the lip glass to my cheked luggage beforehand) was adequate and I was at the airport with plenty of time to spare…sure, the plane was delayed a bit, but there really wasn’t a problem. However, I’m not really one to write posts that don’t have some kind of consumer complaint, so I’m going to let it out on Super Shuttle this time.

I live fifteen minutes from the airport-it took me OVER TWO HOURS to get home. I dont know when it went so bad but it was likely when we were still in the Arden area and the other woman left in the car said “just take Jackson Highway all the way down to Rancho Murrietta.” For fear of recounting the whole tale and stresing myself out again, let’s just say getting in the door at 1:30 after a two-hour ride with a strange guy who had to stop for gas twice (and once for snacks) was not my prefect ride home.

This story ends with redemption-I called Super Shuttle the next day and received a FULL REFUND after talking to two very accomodating customer service representatives.

To BLUE VAN or not to BLUEVAN? That is the question.

3 Comments so far

  1. cd (unregistered) on January 5th, 2007 @ 10:08 pm

    Sac Airports likes whole pie kind of situations, it seems. They want ALL rights to your photos. They allow monopolistic cab operations (at least, I heard some cabbie grumblings about such). And they for sure allow the blue vans to be the sole presence at SMF. I haven’t had that kind of bad Blue Van experience before – I’d have flipped the F out – kudos for keeping it together.

    Not to get all Reep, but competition *can* be healthy.

  2. Jamus (unregistered) on January 6th, 2007 @ 1:01 am

    Yeah, I say no to Super Shuttle. A couple summers ago, I waited at the airport for over an hour just for the shuttle to arrive to take me home.

  3. kit (unregistered) on January 8th, 2007 @ 9:30 am

    This past new years eve, we had paid about $100 to reserve a whole van to take five of us back to my in-law’s house in Glendale from LAX. We were standing on the curb when 2007 came, and we waited about an hour and a half before we finally gave up and found another way home.

    Phone calls to their customer service were horrendous and they blatantly lied to us. When the supervisor on duty did finally come to sign off that they had no vans, he waited 10 yards down the road and sat in his van for 10 minutes until we realized that was the supervisor and not another empty van that would only agree to take two people.

    Our New Year’s Resolution for 2007? Never take Super Shuttle again.

Terms of use | Privacy Policy | Content: Creative Commons | Site and Design © 2009 | Metroblogging ® and Metblogs ® are registered trademarks of Bode Media, Inc.